Digital Marketing Manager
The Chicago White Sox are seeking an experienced Digital Marketing Manager who is creative, analytical, & driven to oversee the team’s paid media and email marketing efforts on behalf of the White Sox Marketing team to help drive incremental revenue generation.
With the constant evolution of the digital marketing landscape, we are searching for someone who will ensure White Sox digital marketing campaigns are engaging, measurable, and drive strong results for the White Sox and our partners. This role will work with cross-functionally with multiple departments at the White Sox as well as external partners to do so.
As the Digital Marketing Manager, you will build digital marketing strategies and frameworks related to all Chicago White Sox marketing initiatives. Working closely with external partners (mainly MLB’s Performance Media and Email teams) and internal White Sox teams including Marketing, Ticketing, Analytics, and Corporate Partnerships, it will be your responsibility to ensure our paid media and email marketing campaigns are strategic, measurable, and performant and analyzed to determine efficiency and effectiveness of each campaign. Using your knowledge and expertise of digital marketing, you will work closely with the Analytics and Ticket Strategy Team on lead generation programs for season and group tickets, help drive incremental revenue for single game ticket initiatives, and support driving results for our corporate partner’s branded content efforts. Using your expertise, you will oversee measurement and analytics of all of our digital marketing campaigns and recommend future optimization for digital campaigns.
More specifically, this role will be responsible for the following:
- You will be responsible for ensuring KPIs are trackable for all paid media and email marketing efforts and fan journeys, building measurement frameworks, and ensuring that our tech stack is appropriate to track what we need to understand performance of our organizational efforts.
- You will build and oversee the strategies for all paid digital media and email marketing campaigns related to ticketing, fan engagement, and digital partnerships to ensure objectives, targeting/segmentation, and messaging are optimal.
- You will manage the day-to-day relationships and contact with MLB’s paid media buying and email campaign execution teams, creating professional and trusting relationships to ensure delivery and optimization of campaigns.
- You will bring a test and learn mentality to all digital marketing efforts, recommending optimizations on the back of findings and sharing insights back into the organization.
- You will partner with the MLB to understand league-wide digital marketing best practices and to pioneer testing new tactics.
- You will work cross-functionally with internal teams to build strong campaign creative, ensure appropriate data capture and automation, and report on various online/offline metrics tied to your campaign initiatives.
- You will work as a conduit between the execution of digital marketing campaigns and content team to ensure that the use of content (player or organizational) is maximized in campaigns.
- You will integrate with the White Sox Ticket Strategy Team and MLB to understand league-wide digital marketing best practices and to pioneer testing new tactics along with eliminating overlap in targeted segments.
- Hands on experience with performance Paid Media (primarily Paid Social, Display/Programmatic, Paid Search) and/or Email Marketing.
- Hands-on experience working with any the following: web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics), tag management (e.g. Google Tag Manager), pixel tracking (e.g. Facebook Pixel), and CRM (e.g. Microsoft Dynamics or Salesforce).
- Experience running multiple simultaneous budgets/ campaigns, budget pacing, goal setting, creative, optimization and reporting.
- Positive relationship building skills and comfort in speaking & presenting to internal colleagues and external partners.
- Passion for continuous learning and staying ahead of trends in the digital space
- Agency experience is plus.
- Marketing automation experience is a plus.
- Passion for baseball and sports is plus.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Strong communication (both written and verbal).
- Highly organized, good attention to detail and strong time management abilities are essential.
- Works effectively, quickly, and able to meet tight deadlines in a dynamic environment.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required.
This is a salaried exempt position
Deadline for applications is: September 30, 2021
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Chicago White Sox is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Candidates interested in applying for this position should e-mail a resume to: Digitalmarketingmanager@chisox.com
Please insert Digital Marketing Manager as your subject line
Sports Biomechanics Analyst
The Chicago White Sox are searching for a passionate individual to expand our biomechanics and sports science capabilities. As a Sports Biomechanics Analyst, you will lead and coordinate the collection and analysis of motion capture data in our Glendale pitching and hitting labs while also integrating markerless and wearable technologies and data sets. The analyst will work closely with the player development, sports science, and R&D teams to develop actionable training and insights to accelerate development paths, achieve peak performance, and reduce injury risk.
Location: Glendale, AZ
Duration: Full Time
- Research, develop and test methods and models based on kinematic and biomechanical data for the purpose of player evaluation and injury risk assessment.
- Coordinate usage and collection of data in hitting and pitching labs using MAC cameras, Cortex, and MatLab.
- Lead data selection and collection efforts with wearable technologies and on-field markerless motion capture systems for pitching, batting, and performance exams.
- Process collected motion capture data and compile player reports for dissemination to Player Development staff (coaches, trainers, physical therapists).
- Assist in the analysis of biomechanical data, the development of reports, and guide long-term research efforts.
- Perform biomechanics review sessions with staff and players on a regular basis for the purpose of improving player performance and reducing risk of injury.
- Maintain and develop software packages to process and visualize biomechanics data with 3D physics principles (Matlab, Python).
- Maintain all biomechanics engines for pitching analysis, batting analysis, performance testing, and other on-field related analyses.
- Assist in identification, development, and advancement of measurement techniques, processes, current scientific literature, and emerging technologies.
B.A./B.S. and Ph.D. (or B.A./B.S. & 3 years experience) in biomedical engineering, mechanical engineering, computer science, physics, or related field.
Working knowledge of motion-capture technologies, force plates, and biomechanics as they relate to baseball
Proficient knowledge of baseball operations and movement skills.
Experience in software development (Matlab, Python, R, SQL).
Previous experience working with large databases of optical motion capture data (MAC/Optitrak/Vicon/Bertec/AMTI).
Excellent track record of visualizing biomechanics datasets in novel ways.
Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface directly with staff and players on a regular basis.
Passion for working with new motion tracking technologies
Proof of vaccination is required
Interested applicants may email a cover letter, resume, and two references to ApplySportsScience@chisox.com.