- Guests are no longer required to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test to enter Citi Field.
- Guests ages 16 and older with tickets to Vaccinated Sections must provide proof of full vaccination along with a photo ID. Children 15 years of age and younger may accompany their fully vaccinated parent or guardian in a Vaccinated Section, without proof of a negative COVID-19 test.
The Mets organization is committed to delivering a first-class experience for the best fans in sports, while continuing to prioritize the health and safety of our guests, players and staff. We will closely monitor and follow the guidelines set forth by public health officials and Major League Baseball.
Check this page often for updated information, as policies and protocols are subject to change throughout the season. We also encourage you to sign up to receive Mets emails.
- Fully vaccinated guests are no longer required to wear face coverings.
- All guests ages three (3) years and older who are not fully vaccinated must wear a face covering at all times on ballpark property except when actively eating or drinking at their ticketed seats. Face coverings must cover nose and mouth.
- Cloth, surgical/3-ply, KN95 and N95 masks are permitted.
- Gaiters, bandanas and face coverings with an exhalation valve are not permitted.
- In accordance with New York State government prescribed mandates, Citi Field will initially operate at reduced capacity.
- In Socially Distanced Sections, seats will be sold in pods ranging from one to six seats. Each location will be separated from other pod locations by at least six feet.
- In Vaccinated Sections, reserved for fans ages 16 and older who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, seats will be sold at full capacity with no social distancing.
- Guests who are not fully vaccinated must maintain six feet of distance from anyone not in their seating pod at all times.
- Lines at gates, concession stands, retail stores and restrooms will utilize floor markers to maintain proper distancing.
- Elevator use will be limited to ADA guests or those requiring assistance. Elevator capacities have been reduced to assist with distancing.
- Citi Field will be sanitized between games. All high-touch areas will be frequently cleaned and disinfected during games.
- Guests and staff are encouraged to wash their hands frequently.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the ballpark for guest and staff use.
- All tickets will be delivered via mobile utilizing the MLB Ballpark app. Print-at-home and paper ticket options will no longer be made available.
- Be sure to download the MLB Ballpark app in advance (download: App Store | Google Play) to access your digital ticket and to get essential information about your visit to Citi Field.
- For more information on how to access your digital tickets, click here
- Tickets in Vaccinated Sections will be sold at full capacity with no social distancing. Guests seated in these sections will be seated directly next to other parties.
- Vaccinated Sections are reserved for guests ages 16 and older who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Children 15 years of age and younger may accompany their fully vaccinated parent or guardian in a Vaccinated Section, without proof of a negative COVID-19 test.
- For more information, please see our Fully Vaccinated Fan Sections FAQs.
- Tickets in Socially Distanced Sections will be sold in pods ranging from one to six seats, with guests from the same household/purchase group in the same pod. Guests must sit in the seats assigned to them.
- All pods are separated by a six-foot radius. Unavailable seats will be blocked off to restrict usage.
- The Mets are offering vouchers, good for two tickets to a future Mets game (blackout dates apply), to the first 250 fans who receive the first dose of their COVID-19 vaccine at Citi Field each day during the May 24-30 and June 11-17 homestands.
- Go to Mets.com/VaxVoucher, print or screenshot the page, and show it when you get your vaccine at Citi Field to claim your voucher.
- Vouchers can be redeemed at Mets.com/VaxTix.
- In accordance with New York State government mandates, we have been approved to host fans at reduced capacity for the beginning of the 2021 season. As a result of this capacity limitation and/or cancelled games resulting from the pandemic, some ticket purchases may be impacted. In the event of an impacted ticket purchase, please refer to the Mets’ impacted game ticket policy.
- For guests who purchased tickets to a game on the secondary market: if your purchase is no longer valid due to the impact of reduced capacity and social distancing measures set forth by New York State, please contact the re-seller directly for your options.
- All tickets will have a specific gate listed, which will direct guests to the entrance closest to their seats.
- All gates will open two hours prior to game time. Guests are encouraged to arrive early to enter the ballpark.
- Purses, diaper bags that are not backpack-style, tote, drawstring and messenger-style bags along with small soft-sided coolers that do not exceed 16"x16"x8" are permitted.
- All backpacks, with the exception of totally clear backpacks with no obscured interior pockets, are prohibited.
- Read the full Citi Field Bag Policy here
- To limit touchpoints, Citi Field will be a cashless ballpark. Methods of payment will be limited to credit/debit cards and mobile payment (Apple Pay and Google Pay) and Mets Gift Cards.
- You can check the balance of your Mets Gift Cards at Mets.com/giftcards.
- Cash will not be accepted at parking lots, ticket windows, concession stands and retail stores.
- Reverse ATMs will be available both inside and outside of the ballpark for fans to convert cash to a prepaid debit card that can be used anywhere that major credit/debit cards are accepted.
Reverse ATMs Inside the Ballpark
- Plaza Level: Inside Mets Team Store - Jackie Robison Rotunda
- Field Level: Next To Mets Team Store - Behind Home Plate
- Promenade Level: Inside Mets Team Store - Behind Home Plate
Reverse ATMs Outside the Ballpark:
- Mets Plaza: Between Ticket Office & Seaver Gate
- Most concession locations will be now open, including fan favorites like Blue Smoke, El Verano Taqueria, Sweet Chick and more. We are excited to announce some new additions to Citi Field’s all-star culinary line-up this season: Patsy’s Pizzeria, Tipsy Scoop and two new Citi Field exclusive concepts in partnership with Aramark – From the Stretch and Vegan City.
- Mobile ordering via the MLB Ballpark app will allow guests to order from their phones and pick up at designated concessions locations.
- Food and beverage purchases will be cashless via credit/debit cards and mobile payment (Apple Pay and Google Pay) and Mets Gift Cards.
- The Clover Home Plate Club, Delta SKY360° Club, Pat LaFrieda’s Chop House, Hyundai Club, Piazza 31 Club presented by True Vodka and Jim Beam Highball Club will be open.
- Bars at Citi Field such as Papi on 3rd, the Hornitos Bar and both bars in the Delta SKY360° Club will also be open.
- The Metropolitan Grille remains closed but we look forward to welcoming fans back to dine with us in this location later in the season.
- A limited number of Mets Team Stores as well as Amazin’ Memorabilia will be open with reduced in-store capacity.
- Mobile ordering via the MLB Ballpark app will allow guests to order merchandise from their phones and pick up their gear at the Jersey Customization Station on Field Level.
- Merchandise purchases will be cashless via credit/debit cards and mobile payment (Apple Pay and Google Pay), and Mets Gift Cards.
- Toilets, sinks and soap dispensers are touchless.
- Signage will promote proper hand washing and hygiene practices.
- Concourse restroom doors will be propped open (excluding Family restrooms).
- Attendants will clean and sanitize restrooms frequently.
- Players will not be permitted to sign autographs or toss baseballs into the stands per MLB regulations.
- For fan and player safety, a 6-ft to 12-ft buffer zone will be activated in certain areas of the ballpark seating configuration, specifically around the dugouts and bullpens.
- For everyone’s safety, guests must remain in their ticketed seats at all times while in the seating bowl.
- FanFest will be open, weather permitting, from the time gates open until the end of the top of the 7th inning.
- You can meet Mr. and Mrs. Met at FanFest at these times:
12:10 p.m. game: 10:30 a.m.-10:50 a.m., 11:00 a.m.-11:20 a.m., 1st inning
1:10 p.m. game: 11:30 a.m.-11:50 a.m., 12:00 p.m.-12:20 p.m., 1st inning
4:10 p.m. game: 2:30 p.m.-2:50 p.m., 3:00 p.m.-3:20 p.m., 1st inning
7:10 p.m. game: 5:30 p.m.-5:50 p.m., 6:00 p.m.-6:20 p.m., 1st inning
- To limit gathering and promote social distancing, there will be no pre-game activities on Mets Plaza or post-game Mr. and Mrs. Met Dash on Sunday Fundays (formerly Family Sundays). We will revisit as conditions change and hope to safely resume Sunday Fundays later in the season.
- Parking lots will open three hours prior to game time.
- Methods of payment will be limited to credit/debit cards and mobile payment (Apple Pay and Google Pay).
- Tailgating is not permitted at Citi Field.
- Fans that opt to use a ride share service or taxi will be asked to take the following precautions:
- Use personal hand sanitizer upon exiting vehicle.
- Minimize contact with high touch surfaces including handles, windows and doors.
- Request driver improve ventilation by opening windows and not re-circulating heat or air conditioning.