California Environmental Quality Act: Oakland Sports and Mixed-Use Project.
Assembly Bill 734 would enact the Oakland Waterfront Ballpark Act, which would authorize the commission to enter into an exchange with the City of Oakland, of filled or reclaimed tidelands and submerged lands or beds of navigable waterways, or interests in these lands, located in the Howard Terminal property, as defined, that are subject to the public trust for commerce, navigation, and fisheries, for other lands or interests in lands under the jurisdiction and control of the city, if the commission finds that specified conditions exist. The bill would also authorize the commission to impose any additional conditions on an exchange of land authorized under the bill, if the commission determines that the conditions are necessary to protect the public trust. It would also authorize the commission to establish the ordinary high water mark or the ordinary low water watermark of any tidelands or submerged lands within the boundaries of the Howard Terminal property that are exchanged pursuant to an agreement with the City of Oakland.
- 9/30/18: Chaptered by Secretary of State - Chapter 959, Statutes of 2018.
- 9/30/18: Approved by the Governor.
- 8/31/18: Senate amendments concurred into Engrossing and Enrolling. (Ayes 66. Noes 4.)
- 8/31/18: From committee: That the Senate amendments be concurred in. (Ayes 6. Noes 2.)
- 8/31/18 Read third time. Passed. Ordered to the Assembly. (Ayes 33. Noes 0.)
- 8/28/18 Senate Rule 29.3(b) suspended. (Ayes 33. Noes 1.)
- 8/20/18 From committee: Amend, and do pass as amended. (Ayes 7. Noes 0.)
- 7/2/18 From committee: Amend, and do pass as amended and re-refer to Com. on APPR. (Ayes 5. Noes 1.)
- 6/21/18 From committee: Do pass and re-refer to Com. on JUD. (Ayes 7. Noes 0.)
- 5/11/17 Read third time. Passed. Ordered to the Senate. (Ayes 63. Noes 9.)
- 5/4/17 From committee: Do pass. (Ayes 8. Noes 0.)